Parallel Parking

When I was a teenager approaching driving age my dad said before I could drive I had to learn how to take care of my car. He taught me how to check and change the oil, change the tire check the water. He said he wouldn't always be around to take care of me and I needed to learn how to do things myself. To get my license I had to learn how to parallel park. So my dad parked his truck in front of another car he was working on and told me to park my car in between them. Yeah right, that was before power steering! Needless to say I got myself in a spot where I couldn't get the car all the way in or out! I had to go in and get my dad :(. He took a look and said I'll get it out, but don't ever get yourself in a spot you can't get yourself out of. That advice applies to more than just parking a car. I hear those words all the time and have passed it along to lots of folks that I thought needed it.

Comments

  1. Parallel parking was my main problem before i applied for my license. It was very difficult since i am not use into driving back in my country. I am proud to say that now i am learning a lot about the car. James really thought me a lot and i am proud that i am catching up with it. Love you mom and we tell pope we love him too. We miss you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy