Mama my inhaler is empty!!

As my mom and I were sitting in the kitchen watching the snow fall,when James comes thru and says his inhaler is empty.  What!! My inhaler is empty!  Don't you have an extra?  No, this is my spare, I forgot to tell you that it was almost empty.  Great, I don't know if we can get out to get to the drug store.  Deborah Ann, if you are gonna go, you better go now.  If you wait any longer it will get dark before you can get back.  I better call and see if the drug store is still open.  It seems like every time it snows somebody has to run out of medicine!  If it isn't James, it's mama or one of the other kids.  I hate this road when it snows!! James, get your coat on so you can go with your mama.  We barely got the car out of the driveway.  Thankfully there had been some traffic on the road, we don't have snow plows here.  If we can get to the main road we can get to town.  We slipped several times but we got to the drug store and back up the mountain on the main road.  Okay kid, hang on because I'm not sure we'll get back up the hills on our street to get to the house. As we start up one of the hills the car starts to slide and we almost go in the ditch.  We got out and got the car back on the road and as I start around the car to get in, I slip and fall!!  I bumped the car and it slid all the way into the ditch.  Great, just great!!  Get your medicine out of the car, we'll walk on to the house and come back tomorrow and get the car out.  It was only a half mile to the house but it was so cold!! 

Now that my son is grown he remembers to check everyone's medicine when there is a snow storm moving in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy