School starts soon

and I hope you are ready.  I can remember sitting in the floor reading to my Mom.  I don't know how she did it.  She was up before daylight and had cow's milked, breakfast ready, and us ready for school all before 7 am. Breakfast wasn't a pop tart either!  When I was growing up it was eggs, gravy and biscuits every morning.  Then while we were at school, she worked in either our fields or in some neighbors field, then she came home cooked supper and feed the animals, milked the cows, all before dark.  Then she tried to help us with our homework. She said if she could teach us to read, and do our multiplication table that we could learn anything.  When she would sit down after supper  I would read to her.  Sometimes she would close her eyes, but she never missed a word.  I could skip a word or say it wrong and she would correct me then tell me to read it again.  Not just a memory, we need more mama's to sit and listen to their children read.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy