Jealousy

Jealousy comes in all forms and sizes.  There is the jealousy a guy or gal has over other people in a relationship.  There is the jealousy of sibling rivalry.  Then there is the jealousy involving the way man or woman resents the children of someone they are involved with.  Sometimes they don't realize that the love between parent and child is completely different than the love shared between two adults.  One person cannot be so self centered and self absorbed that they can't share a parent with a child.  When the Bible was written a bill of divorcement was a rarity.  The wedding vows were based on a child leaving a parent and cleaving solely to one man or woman.  Times have changed a parent who already has children and marries another parent, puts themselves in a position where they have to treat all children equally and be sure that neither adult feels used. Any form of jealousy can ruin a perfectly wonderful relationship.

Everyone should be lucky enough to find someone like my daughter-in-law.  Not only does she love my son and his daughter from another marriage, she has made room in her heart and home for my daughters son.  She loves them both like they are her own.  She and my son also opened up their hearts and home to me when I felt I had no where else to go.

Have a great and blessed day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy