My Old House

Days like today I really miss my old house.  The house where my Mom and I lived, the house where I raised my kids.  Mama would have gotten up around six took her medicine and turned up the heat.  Then we would have slept til about eight.  We had floor to ceiling windows in the dinning room and our table sat in front of them, we could see the whole back yard from there.  I can hear her telling me that the birds were waiting on me and she was gonna start the coffee.  That was my cue to go out and feed the birds so that we could watch them eat while we were eating.  We always had red birds, sparrows, wrens, chickadee's an occasional bunting and others that were just passing thru.  I miss my mom and at times I just miss that ole house.  Sitting at that table watching the birds would be a great place to be this morning.

I have a great place to live here with my son and his family, but sometimes I miss having my own place.  I used to love to sit in front of those windows and watch it snow, or the kids playing.  I guess as we get older we think about our favorite places to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy