Canning Time

I was sitting on the porch today thinking about how close it's getting to garden planting time. I can remember the big gardens that we planted when I was a kid. Mama always canned everything she could get her hands on. She worked so hard. They were farmers so we had to grow what we ate. When things started to come in all the prep work was done on the porch. Everybody had to help get the veggies ready for the pot. I was to little to have a knife so I got to do what my sister said was easy stuff. I broke green beans, shelled peas ya know the FUN stuff. One summer we had worked really hard a mama was so proud of all that we had put up. My brother and his wife came and gave mama and daddy the poor pitiful me story and left with a trunk full of our hard work. They would have given any of us the last penny in their pocket, gone hungry themselves to make sure that we wouldn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy