Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Some of my best
memories were made on the front porch. Growing up the front porch was were most of the action happened. One of my earliest and one of my favorite is of a bunch of army boys, as my mom called them sitting around shining boots, and laughing. My big brother was a member of the 101st Screaming Eagles, out of Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Our house was the closest to the base and we lived in North Alabama. When the guys got leave they always came to our house. I was a little girl and they were my heroes! My brothers girlfriend always fixed the guys up with dates and you can't go on a date with dirty boots. It seemed like they polished them for hours. My mom always cooked til the table was full of food. If I close my eyes I can see daddy sitting in the swing and the guys scattered around the porch and several beagle dogs laying around the yard. The smell of food coming through the screen door still lingers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment