Days Gone By

Today I was talking to a life long friend and we were reminiscing about days gone by. When we were kids, her dad worked for Coca Cola and my dad was a farmer. Most of the time he was a share cropper. They lived in a nice house and most of the time we lived in some pretty rough places. Mama always said, "as soon as we got the place fit to live in daddy would move us somewhere else." She was right. We usually moved during Christmas break from school. This one time we move to this place where there was a fireplace in three of the rooms and a flu in the kitchen for the cook stove. There was cracks in the floor, and in the ceiling. Mama put newspaper over the bed and then put another quilt over the top of us to keep the snow from wetting the bed. That's where my sister and I slept that winter. We didn't have a Christmas tree that year. Mama put the one strand of lights we had around the window. Even though we didn't have much, the cracks and the cold were kept at bay by the love that filled each room. I miss my mom and dad. The love of family and faith in the Lord can move mountains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy