Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
An Easter to Remember
Last year my son and granddaughter came down for Easter. Her Papa and I were so excited we colored eggs and laughed. Her papa fixed up one egg real special and told her it was the prize egg and if she found it she would get a brand new bicycle. Of course she had to search and search and found it in a garbage can! So the papa had to hold up his end of the deal. She being six at the time got to sit in his lap and drive to the local Walmart. They picked out a pink bike and she got to ride it to the check out counter where her papa paid for it. When they got back she rode it til she was give completely out. Then to our surprise the following week was spring break at her school and she got to stay with us a whole week. She and her papa are ruined!! They are both spoiled and they love each other dearly. Sometimes it's really hard to live so far away from them. I know that a lot of parents live thousands of miles from the children they love, but they are always in your heart and on your mind and in your prayers. On this day of our Lord's Resurrection may your heart be lifted and your prayers be answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment