Fishing with my Dad

My dad had really wanted another boy, but he got stuck with another girl. He really made the most of it, not only was I his baby girl, I was his fishing buddy and sometimes his hunting partner. I couldn't tell you how many times he took me fishing but one of my favorite stories is the first time that I can remember him taking me. He had a special place on the Tennessee River he liked to go. They call it the South Salty. To get there we went down the mountain, and just about half way down there was a market that sold bait and fish and camping stuff. We stopped and got bait and they had a lot of good looking fresh fish and daddy said if we didn't have any luck we'd just buy us a stringer. He thought he was joking. On that particular day neither of us caught even a tiny fish! So on the way home we bought us a stringer of fish but he made me promise to tell Mama we caught 'em. Which I did, but I'm sure that he told her different later on. I loved my dad and I sometimes miss him a whole lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy