Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Older Ladies and Rocks
I've already told you the story about pop and him carrying rocks for his Maw. My mom was much the same. If she saw a rock that was different or she thought was pretty it had to go home with us. She put them around the flowers. They served two purposes, one was because she liked them and the other was to save the flowers from the weed eater. I have noticed that pop and I seem to have acquired a love for rocks. We have them around lots of our shrubs and we have a few that we just find unique. We also have the same love of flowers that the women who raised us had. Every time we see some we like we dig them up or buy them. Our latest is a Lady Banks Rose. We are going to build a trellis out by the carport for it to climb. Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment