Snoring

I was talking to a dear friend of mine today and we were reminiscing about when we were kids. She actually started out being my sister's friend. Back then I was the little sister, who was a brat that wouldn't let them alone. On this particular night many years ago she had come and spent the night with my sister. I got kicked out of our bedroom, where they could listen to Elvis and talk about boys. I even got a really kool pallet on the floor in my Mom and Dad's room. Daddy went fox hunting and was out all night. Daddy wouldn't let me go fox hunting he said, it was just men sitting around a fire drinking coffee or shine arguing over who's dog was in the lead. Anyway when daddy came home the next morning, he went to sleep on my pallet. We were in the kitchen eating breakfast when we heard the most awful noise. It sounded like a couple of the dogs under the house fighting so mama sent me to wake up daddy. As I got closer to the the bedroom the noise got louder and louder and to my surprise it was daddy snoring! I ran back to the kitchen and told mama it was daddy and of course we all laughed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy