Soldiers

One of my first blogs was a story about my brother and his army buddies. I guess I've always had a special place in my heart for soldiers not because I was attracted to the uniform. Because they are special people! Our men and women leave their families to fight and give their lives for ours. They fight in foreign lands so that we don't have to fight in our land. When I was young I wrote to a young man stationed in Vietnam and he said he would rather fight the enemy from their rooftops than from ours. One of the young men who grew up with my son just came home from Iraq. I know it's hard for him to leave his family but he does it to keep us all safe. He says it's harder on the ones they leave here. In a way he's right, and shame on all of us for not taking better care of our soldiers and their families. I thank all the soldiers and their families for the sacrifices they make for the rest of us. They are in our thoughts and prayers daily and I pray that they are in yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy