Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Today's world
In today's world there aren't as many front porches as there used to be. Not to many people even take the time to sit and talk anymore. Life is so fast paced if you aren't on the cell phone, you're texting, or on the computer. Lots of folks don't even get the time to sit down and have a meal together. I understand all that. Many parents work two jobs or mom works one shift, dad works another, kids go to school, play sports, homework and somewhere in there you try to squeeze in a little sleep. We need to try to slow down just a bit. Every family needs one or two meals together and to talk about the things that are going on in their lives. Kids, and spouses need to feel loved. We need to take the time to tell a few stories, laugh, and share our thoughts and feelings with each other. Thanks for stopping by have a great evening and share a bedtime story with someone you love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment