Blue Marlin

While watching television last night they were showing some folks fishing. One of the fish they brought in was a Blue Marlin. That reminded me of my brother-in-law. He was more like my brother. I was very close to him, he was good to me, he didn't mind getting on me if I didn't do right and I think that made me love him more. He and my sister had moved to Florida and he loved to deep sea fish. I was still a teenager and we lived in Georgia. One beautiful Saturday morning he got up early to go fishing with some of his friends. My sister said for some reason she watched him ride his motorcycle until she could no longer see him. Late that afternoon she got the call that he had passed away. He had hooked a big Marlin and had fought with it for a long time, when he finally reeled it in he was exhausted. The captain of the boat suggested he go below and rest while they going back to land. When they docked he had died. When my sister called I went to pieces. Some people say I was dreaming others say I'm a bit crazy but I would swear that later that night he woke me up saying sis, look what I caught. Gosh how I miss him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy