A Martial Arts Story

I got involved in the martial arts because of my oldest son. He has asthma and we thought that the breathing exercises would help to strengthen his lungs. I would sit and watch the class and James and some of his friend started asking me to join the class also which I did. It was great!! I don't think I could have raised three children with no one's help other than my mom, it it had not been for the martial arts. It gave me a place where for a couple of hours I was no one's mom. I could scream and kick and punch and let out all the built up frustration that sometimes filled my body. It was the one thing that seemed to always to stay the same. Then came turmoil in the organization, one split, then another. Then one change after another, it never seemed to be the same anymore. I tried to make the changes in kata(forms), but then they wanted to change the weapons kata and I said no more. I am a weapons nut, my passion in the arts is weapons. I resigned, my son resigned, and I spoke to my best student on Sunday and he has just resigned, because of changing things every time he went to a clinic or testing. He ranks high enough to start his own style. I am very proud of him. He says he's going back to the way I taught him. If he does he will have both mine and James' total support. I wish him well and may the Lord and the Way of the Warrior lead him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy