Mother's Day is coming

this Sunday. It makes me miss my Mama. She passed away four years ago. She and I were very close, she wasn't just my mom she was my best friend. I could tell her anything. We could talk for hours. After my Dad died she bought my family a house that was close to hers. A few years after I got a divorce she called and ask if she could move in with me. I said of course. I came home the next day and she and the kids had most of her stuff moved to our house on a wheelbarrow. She took over at being the Mom and I guess I was the Dad. I went out and worked, sometimes two jobs. She took care of the house and the kids. I love my mom! Not long ago I found a box of her things, in it was some of the cards she had saved. My oldest son will be 38 his birthday and she had kept the first cards we had sent her with his name added to it and the first Happy Mother's Day Grandma with his name on it. She was certainly one of a kind and there will be a lot of front porch stories inspired by her memories. Don't forget to tell your Mom you love her it could be the last chance you get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy