My old house

is gone. When I married pop I sold my old house to my neighbor. The old place was built by my neighbors grandparents. The front part of the house was a log cabin. Over the years folks had added rooms and porches to it. When we bought it we had to repair a part of the roof. From time to time the old roof would leak and we would tack plastic over the ceiling so that all the leaks would run into one pan. Yeah, we lived pretty rustic. The old house held up for over twenty years. My mom and I raised my children there. It was home! When I left there it was in disrepair, my mom had been sick and working two jobs I had fallen behind in my chores of keeping it up. So after I left and it set there empty for several years it was falling in. My friends decided before someone got hurt that it would be best to take the old place down. I went by there Mother's day and the place looked strange. The house may be gone but there will always be memories there. The tree that my mom and son planted when he was small is still standing. So many memories, so much love, so much laughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy