Thing of the Past!

With the rise of apartments and city dwellers, sharing a Sunday afternoon on the porch with family and friends are rare. Families are living farther and farther apart. Parents both working, kids on the go, it's hard to have family time. I remember when I was a kid. We ate a least two meals together, and I mean at the table, not in front of the television. We talked about what was going to take place that day or at night what went on that day. When my kids were growing up it was mainly breakfast together during the week and Sunday was our catching up day. With all that is going on today families are lucky to have one meal a week together. Family time is important! It's when you catch up on all that's gone on during the week. A time to gather friends, share stories like how long do you think I can talk to my mom and call her Mother without her saying "what's up with that!". Yeah, number on son called this morning because one of his friends calls his Mother, Mother. Son says, listen to this, calls me and says Good Morning, Mother. I say, wait a minute, what's up with that. So it didn't take long to get his predicted response. Love that kid! Sometimes I think he knows his mom too well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy