Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Monday, May 24, 2010
The Way It Used To Be
Do you remember when you started your day at school with the Pledge of Allegiance, then there was the reading of a Bible verse, then a prayer? Do you remember when you said a prayer before a ball game? Do you remember when you could carry a knife to school? Do you remember when all the boys and some of the girls had gun racks in the back window of their trucks, and if you got a new hunting rifle or shotgun you told every body at school including the principal? Do you remember having friends from all walks of life and different religions, and you went to church with each other just because you were friends? Do you remember that you didn't kiss and tell? Do you remember having respect for your parents, your friends, your teachers, and most of all yourself? We all have to stand for what we believe in! Do you believe in our country? Do you believe in a Higher Power? Do you believe in respect and discipline? Do you believe in personal responsibility? Do you believe in privacy? Do you believe that life is about choices? Think about it! What do you stand for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
I just want to say Merry Christmas to all those who stop by my blog. Today has been a great day filled with love, laughter, food and most o...
No comments:
Post a Comment