Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Bears
Last year, our granddaughter went to the cabin in the mountains with us. What a great time we had! She and I played in the creek behind the house, the water was so cold, but we had a blast! The cabin borders the National Forest and there are a lot of critters come through there. Our friend gave up on putting up bird feeders because the bears tear them up, so she feeds her birds and squirrels on a big ole stump. Sometimes a bear will come by to see if there are any sunflower seeds out. There was just a few left from the birds and this one bear just couldn't leave the stump alone. We named him Sunflower. We also saw a young bear that looked as though he had been caught in a steel trap. We named her Pitiful, because she was skinny and her front paw was almost cut off. I saw her yesterday, her leg was healed and she looked healthier. She seemed to be getting around pretty good. I even saw a coyote easing across the ridge line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment