Dogs

I got a call tonight from my seven year old granddaughter. She wanted to tell me that Rusty had died. Rusty, was a Bull Mastiff that my son has had since she was born. He was a big dog, but he was her big boy. She is just barely taller than him. He loved her and was very protective over her. She said he died because of the heat and old age. My son said, that he and the kids were working on getting a grave dug and that the kids seemed to understand. Dogs become like family and losing one can be tough on a family. A long time ago my son had a rottweiler named Duggen. The two of them were so bonded that when Duggen died it took my son a very long time before he ever even wanted to pet another dog. I think Rusty kinda took Duggens place. Say a little prayer for Rusty, and the family he left behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy