Today would have

been my Mom's 94th birthday. There are times that I really miss her. She was not just my Mom, she was my best friend. I could write for hours about her. She worked hard all her life. She grew up on a farm, one of nine children. The way my Dad got her attention was he threw potato peelings in the window of the church so that she would talk to him on the way out. They were married for 42 years before my Dad died. They were share croppers most of the time. Mama used to say that by the time she got a tenant house fit to live in we would move again. I remember one place that was so grown up that mama wouldn't let us go outside. I've watched her throw a 50 lb bag of fertilizer over her shoulder and carry it across the field to daddy. She could build anything she set her mind to, and sew! She could look at a dress or shirt and take an old newspaper and cut out her own pattern. She made all of my daughter's skate costumes. She would watch them ice skate and copy their costumes! She was incredible! Like I said, I loved and still love my Mom, and I think of her often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy