Fourth of July

This Fourth of July brought back a lot of memories. When we were growing up we didn't celebrate very many holidays.  On the Fourth of July we always stopped work at lunch.  Mama would mix up homemade ice cream and  we would take turns sitting on the ole time ice cream freezer and cranking it.  It seemed like it would take forever for it to set firm enough for us to eat.  We would eat homemade ice cream and watermelon.  Then we would go out in the yard and play games til dark.  Some things have changed, we didn't make ice cream or eat watermelon, but we did grill out and played games with the kids til dark. We made some new memories and next year we'll make some ice cream. I love my kids and grand kids. They are what make my world go round. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy