While Pop and I

were sitting on the porch today, we were talking about his upcoming surgery.  I told him that when he got home he was going to have to do whatever the doctor tells him to do.  He was not going to go bear hunting the next day like he did when they put the stimulator in his back.  He laughed and said it's not bear season! I told him he was just like my dad. When daddy had his heart attack it drove him crazy to watch me cut the grass and do the things he normally did.  I remember it was a Labor Day weekend and he always bush hogged the field on that weekend.  So out I went, he sat under a tree in the shade and watched.  I was glad that he did! I ran through a nest of yellow jackets and got stung. When I got to daddy he already had a dip of snuff ready to go on the sting. The next morning, I got up and finished the job.  I miss my dad!  Pop will just have to sit in the shade and let me and Jose do what has to be done for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy