Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Friday, August 6, 2010
First Day of School
Today was the first day of school for our oldest grandson. He is now living with my oldest son and he has really been looking forward to today. His Mom had been home schooling him and he was really worried about whether he had learned enough to be placed in the 9th grade. The counselor being the great lady that she is told him she could put him in the 9th grade but he might have a lot of problems keeping up or she could put him in the 8th grade where she thought he would do well. He told her 8th grade would be fine it would give him a chance to catch up with his class. I talked to him for a while this evening and he said he really liked it and he had made several friends. His uncle ask him what was the best part of the day and he said school starting. I am so glad that he is excited about school and learning. The class sizes are small and with his willingness to learn he will do well. With his aunt and uncle as his guide he will go far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment