The Look

In today's society we have no respect or discipline. I can remember when I was a kid we knew and understood what the word no meant.  If we went to the store we certainly did not have a fit and go crying and screaming through the store.  My dad only gave me one whipping that I can remember, but it made a sure fired impression on me!  But, my Dad had this look!  He had dark brown eyes and when he was upset with you he could wrinkle his eyebrows together and raise them just a little, and he would square up his jaw line and you knew he was on the verge of getting mad and you did not want to be on the receiving end of that look.  My dad was an honest hard working man, who provided for his family the best that he could. We didn't have much, but every corner of our home was filled with love, respect and discipline.  What parents today don't understand is that those three things go hand in hand.  Our young people do not respect themselves, their parents or others.  If they did our youth would not be commenting these awful crimes and doing drugs. They need to be on the receiving end of someone who has my daddy's look!  We can only reclaim this country one household at a time.  I challenge every parent to reclaim their house!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy