Don't Run Us Into The Brush Pile

My oldest son loved my dad!  Those two were glued at the hip from the day he was born.  My parents didn't have a favorite grandchild.  It was because we were there more than any of the rest of the family. My mom and dad took care of him while I worked, so he was there a lot. Daddy had been cleaning up around a new place that they had bought and there were a couple of brush piles that we had to mow around.  Well when he and my son would mow my dad would let him guide the mower and he would tell him not to run into the brush pile.  Well they always went in the brush pile.  The two of them would just laugh. Mama and daddy always had a big garden and my dad would lay the row off, my mom would drop the seeds in and my son would take his dump truck and roll it over the seeds to pack them down, then my dad would cover them up.  It didn't matter what they were doing my son was in the middle of it.  My son is a better man for all the love and discipline that he got from his grandparents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy