Football Rivals

If you live in Alabama the biggest day of the year is when Alabama plays Auburn!!  Families feud, friends make wild and crazy bets, tail gate parties and the smell of cookouts fill the air. I would imagine that it works the same no matter what the state you live in!  We had a big yard and it seemed that my place was where Sunday afternoon games were played and ball games were watched. This one year we were getting ready for the game, my mom had made some of her great football snacks and the kids were starting to arrive, when my mom said, there is something wrong with the television.  Oh No!!!!  It's Saturday evening and being a working woman who doesn't have extra money laying around for buying a new television, what was I going to do?  I thought I have good credit at the local Western Auto if I get there before they close maybe I can get one here before the game.  I rush to the store, the owner laughed at me when I told him what happened and I need a television before the game.  He told me to pick out one and they would bring it out in time for the game.  All was well and  the yells of Roll Tide and War Eagles could be heard all the way to my sister's house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy