Learning To Drive

Today my son and I were talking about my grandson learning to drive.  When we hung up I started thinking about my sister.  Back when she was learning to drive most of the roads were dirt and just barely wide enough for two cars to meet each other, and sometimes you had to almost get in the ditch to get by.  There was this one time that my brother was home on a week end pass and he wanted daddy to go get his girlfriend while he but on his civilian clothes.  Well my dad decides to let my sister drive!!  Her best friend and I were in the back seat and of course we were razing her just a little, when all of a sudden we saw a car coming toward us and what do you think she did!!  She covered up her eye and screamed, "I can't do this"!  We almost went in the ditch, thank goodness for daddy's quick reactions to get the wheel from his side long enough for her to stop the car.  Mercy, I still have a problem riding with her!  Isn't it amazing what your mind stores in files to be taken out sometimes when you least expect it.  I hadn't thought about that in years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy