Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
My Dad
wasn't able to have back surgery. My dad had a bad back long before all the technology to repair it had been developed. I remember when he hurt his back. He was plowing a field and he was tugging on the plow when he said he felt something happen to his back. He came home on the tractor but it took mama and both me and my sister to get him in the house. My dad sent me to get our neighbor, no phones back then. I ran all the way, and told them that my dad need them to come quick. Mr. Watson came and took my dad to a chiropractor. When they left our house my dad couldn't stand up straight, when he came home he was much better and standing straight. I know that some chiropractors are quacks but this one really helped my dad. He always had problems after that. He wore my brothers motorcycle belt. When he wore it out he would go to the saddle shop where they worked with leather and get another one made. I really miss my dad! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment