Old Timey Remedies

Our neighbor brought over a wonderful banana pudding that his wife made.  While he was here we got to talking about old time remedies that our folks used to use.  I can remember some of the things mama used to use when we got chest colds. Depending on how sick we were it might be a spoon full of sugar with just enough kerosene to melt the sugar, or sometimes she would fry onions in lard and soak a flour sack in it and lay it on our chest. I can remember the warmth and the aroma of the onions and it calming the cough and being able to sleep. If you got stung by a bee it was a paste made of snuff.  A stomach ache usually got castor oil!! I even use some of those remedies today.  I have a hip that is giving me problems so I've started taking honey and cinnamon.  May God Bless and watch over you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy