Chocolate Gravy

Hey Chris, you want to spend the night at the house?  Sounds good to me, you think we can get Granny to make chocolate gravy?  Yeah, if she's got all the stuff.  That was the conversation with most kids that came to spend the night at our house as the kids were growing up.  They all loved the sweet chocolate gravy poured over a hot butter biscuit.  It didn't change much as they got older. My youngest son and some of his friends traveled and cleaned up after storms.  When they would start home they would call Granny when they were about fifty miles from home to see if she felt like making gravy and it didn't matter how she felt she always said yes. She would check to see if she needed anything and if she did they would bring it with them.  It also used to work as a bargaining tool to get work done.  I was a restaurant manager and some of those kids that hung out at my house worked for me. I would tell them if they would get this and that done I would get Mama to make us some chocolate gravy.  Worked like a charm!  Then when she passed away we put the dry ingredients in a jar and put it in the casket with her.  We all felt like Jesus and Daddy would really enjoy Mama making them some gravy.  Thank you for stopping by my blog and May God Bless each and every one of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy