I Don't Like

doing laundry!!!!!  I would rather work outside any day.  I do house work and laundry only because it's a necessary evil.  One of my friends and I were talking about doing laundry today and it made me think about my Mama.  I remember helping her draw water out of the well and filling up a wringer washing machine and there was two rinse tubs.  If she wanted to wash in hot water she would build a fire under an old black wash pot then put it in the washer.  It was an all day job!!  Then everything had to be hung out on clothes lines to dry.  I can remember her telling stories about taking clothes to the creek and washing them on a washboard or beating them with a rock.  Then hanging them on a fence or scattering them on bushes.  I am so glad that we have the modern day washers and dryers!!  I do sometimes like to hang out the sheets so that they have that sunshine smell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy