Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
I Don't Like
doing laundry!!!!! I would rather work outside any day. I do house work and laundry only because it's a necessary evil. One of my friends and I were talking about doing laundry today and it made me think about my Mama. I remember helping her draw water out of the well and filling up a wringer washing machine and there was two rinse tubs. If she wanted to wash in hot water she would build a fire under an old black wash pot then put it in the washer. It was an all day job!! Then everything had to be hung out on clothes lines to dry. I can remember her telling stories about taking clothes to the creek and washing them on a washboard or beating them with a rock. Then hanging them on a fence or scattering them on bushes. I am so glad that we have the modern day washers and dryers!! I do sometimes like to hang out the sheets so that they have that sunshine smell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
One evening an old Cherokee Chef told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ' My son, the battle is betwe...
No comments:
Post a Comment