Leaves

As I was cutting the grass today my mind swept back in time to when I was growing up.  We didn't have a mulching lawn mower or a leaf blower, we had a brush broom.  For those of you to young to know what that is, you cut branches off a tree or you cut small under growth and tie it together until you have the size you need to sweep the yard.  Folks back then made use of the things they had available to them.  It was a multi purpose tool, it also served as a correctional incentive for children. Mama would let us sweep up the leaves then we would jump in them and play for hours.  When the kids were growing up we had this big tree in the back yard with a rope swing in it.  We would rake up all the leaves and they would swing high and drop down in the leaves they had a blast.  When my oldest grandson was little, his first encounter with a pile of leaves brought tears until he got to bury mawmaw in them.  He wasn't sure what to think when I dropped him in a big pile, then it became a yearly treat just as it was with my kids.  As always May God Bless You and thank you for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy