Perfect Afternoon

This afternoon is what friends and family and a big ole porch is all about.  We had friends over this afternoon and we sat on the porch and talked and laughed.  Shared memories of when we were kids and made new memories to share years from now.  I can remember when I was growing up that's what Sunday afternoons were for.  Sometimes folks would bring their guitars, fiddles and mandolins and they would pick and sing until dark.  Coffee and pear bread was enjoyed by all!  Slow down and take the time to share an afternoon with friends and family.  I don't mean in front of a television watching a ball game or playing video games, I mean talking and remembering things from the past otherwise all those great stories we were told as children will disappear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy