The Christmas Tree

It was our first year of independence and the I certainly couldn't afford to buy a Christmas tree.  The kids and I got this great idea to go down in the woods and cut us one.  We examined every little cedar that we saw, to tall, to short, to thin and then the kids said they found just the right one.  I looked at it and said it's to tall, no it isn't mama cut this one.  Please, it's the right one.  Okay, but I think it's gonna be to tall.  We carried the tree out of the woods singing jingle bells all the way to the house with our prize.  In the house we go, no way this tree is gonna fit.  We'll trim some off!  Cut off about a foot, still too tall.  Get the tape measure,  7 ft ceiling, 14 ft tree!!!  Cut in half, beautiful tree, now it's a perfect fit!!!!  That was one of the best Christmas's that I can remember.  The kids and I made a lot of the ornaments that we used that year.  We made a construction paper chain that stretched across the living room.  It was one of my favorites because it was something we did together.  Take a moment and remember one of your favorite Christmas's.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy