Deer Hunting

I love to hunt!!!  I sit in a box stand most of the time shielded from the rain, wind and cold.  Sunday was a different day for me.  I sat in my stand that morning and as the wind blew the leaves were falling like snow.  It was really beautiful.  I saw several deer but none that I wanted to hang on the wall.  I came to the house around eleven and fixed our lunch. It was warm enough that we had lunch on the porch and talked about hunting.  I told my husband that I wanted to try to sit out in the  open and still hunt.  He laughed and said he didn't think I could sit still that long, that I was to used to being in my stand.  He said that if  I wanted to try it to go out our back gate and I would come to a ridge line that overlooked a draw behind our house.  So I did and I found a good vantage point and sat down.  It was a perfect afternoon, not to cold, sunshine a great day to be in the woods.  Not long after I sat down a couple of does started up the draw.  My heart was racing as they came closer, were they going to see me! They walked right below me and didn't even know I was there.  Whew! What a rush!  As the sun was dropping below the trees I saw another doe heading my way.  Unlike the other does she turned up the other side of the draw.  About ten minutes later I saw a buck coming the same way the doe had.  He had his nose to the ground trailing her.  He was a nice buck but to far away for me to make a good shot.  I am very strong believer that if you can't make a good shot you don't need to shoot at all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy