Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Family
One of the things that make us who we are is our families. In today's time the family unit struggles to survive. There are so many children born out of wed lock to teenagers. Then there are those who are born into families who really don't want a child. The children of today have so many obstacles to over come and so many more temptations than we had as children. Sometimes I am sure that they fell overwhelmed with all the pressure that their peers place on them. Children are like plants, they need love, water, food, shelter and trained to grow in the directions that we want them to. When you take on a child from a troubled family sometimes they have a really hard time acclimating to their new home. Grandparents, brothers and sisters are taking care of children to help them grow into productive members of society. It's a hard thing to deal with for both that loving family member and the child. My prayer is that the Lord will be with my son, and his wife who opened their hearts and their home to my grandson. May he help them teach him to be all that he can be. Please pray for them. Thank you for stopping by my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
I just want to say Merry Christmas to all those who stop by my blog. Today has been a great day filled with love, laughter, food and most o...
No comments:
Post a Comment