The Holiday Season

This is the time of year that I miss my mom the most.  As far back as I can remember she always started cooking stuff about a week before Thanksgiving and it didn't seem to let up much until after New Year's Day.  She would cook some of the cakes and put them in the freezer and dressing and beans were always better when they were a day old.  We didn't always have a turkey on Thanksgiving it was usually an ole fat hen that had been stewed or a ham from a hog that we had killed. The house was always full of people!  We always celebrated Christmas the weekend before, because older siblings had homes and families of their own for Santa Claus to come see.  If I close my eyes and breath deep, I swear I can smell the food cooking in her kitchen!  There would be all kind of food, chocolate gravy and biscuits for breakfast, sausage cookies, spinach dip, fried apple pies, pinto beans, potato salad and the list would go on and on.  I know how much this time of year meant to her, and how much it meant to have all the family in one place at one time, at least once a year.  

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy