Pringles

While watching television this evening, a commercial came on advertising pringles potato chips. It made me think of my mom, and how she hid them from the kids.  You see we lived in an old house and being one of America's working poor, I never seemed to manage to put together enough money, to up grade to a central heat and air system.  We had a big window air conditioner in our kitchen and we heated the living room and kitchen with a gas space heater.  The kitchen had a large floor to ceiling window and our table sat in front of that window and over the air conditioner.  The table acted as a director to force the air out into the room.  In order to keep the curtain out of the way, we pinned it up.  After my mom had her first stroke, it was very hard to get her to eat.  I tried everything, all her favorite things, she just wouldn't eat. Then I bought her a can of pringles and she ate half the can.  Then she took that can and hid it, in that folded up curtain so that the kids wouldn't find them.  I kept her pringles in that curtain until she regained her appetite.  She said they were the only thing she had eaten that had any taste.  It may not have been the healthiest thing she could have eaten, but it was better than nothing.  It's amazing how such small things can trigger a flood of memories!  Have a great day/night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy