Stitches

The old house was built around an old log cabin with each addition there was another door added.  This made for a perfect raceway for small children to have a blast.  Their Granny would tell them if you don't slow down someone is going to get hurt.  You better leave those doors open!  OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!  MY EYE!! Blood running down the face of the youngest child!!  Somebody call your Mama!!!  The phone rings where I am taking a secretarial class and the instructor says Deb, it's for you.  My oldest son says Mom there has been an accident and Steven's eyebrow is split open and I think he needs stitches.  Great, just great!! I make a quick call to the doctor to see if he would wait for us, because that would be cheaper than the hospital.  I rushed home, it seemed I got behind every slow piece of traffic that was on the road.  When I got to the house, and got both boys in the car   Steven would tell his brother look at me and he would remove the towel and the bone was showing and it would start to bled.  His brother would say don't do that I'm not looking! You need to keep that on your eye.  The little guy would wait a few minutes and he would trick his brother into looking.  He thought it was funny!! As the doctor stitched him up, he told him, Steven I hope this isn't a preview of things to come!  Craziest thing is both Steven and I remember the tie that his doctor had on that day.  It was a loony tune tie featuring Taz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships

Mama my inhaler is empty!!

Someplace New