Today was

my Daddy's birthday.  He would have been 94. I really miss him.  We had our differences, but if I had needed him he would have rowed a boat to China to get to me.  I would have done the same for him.  It's sad that sometimes we don't realize what good parents we have until we are grown or they are gone.  I read a Dear Abby column one time that really stuck in my head.  It was a story about would have, could have and should have.  A man whose mom had passed away wrote that he would have fixed her sink if he could have.  He would have taken her to lunch more if he had the time. He should have made more time for her and he should have told her that he loved her more.  I read that a long time before my dad or mom passed away and I'm glad that I did.  The would've, should have and could have do not haunt me when I think of them.  Take the time to tell your parents that you love them, do what you can for them.  One thing that has always confused me,  if one mama and one daddy can feed, cloth, and shelter their children, why can't those same children work together to take care those who gave them the best years of their lives?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy