Walking Home

With all this political stuff and voting I remembered a story my Dad once told me.  My  dad taught us all to vote for the man not the party.  He encouraged us to do our homework on who was running.  My dad could not read or write, he could barely write his name but he was one of the smartest men I've ever know.  He got to know candidates by listening to the things they had to say and talking to everyone he knew.  He was raised up in a democratic house.  It didn't matter to my granddad who the man was as long as he had a D after his name.  Since cars were own by few when my dad was a young man, one of my granddad's friends would take car loads of folks to vote.  My dad, granddad and several others were on there way home from voting and when they ask my dad who he had voted for he said he had voted for the republican.  Well they stopped the car and made my dad get out.  They told him that since he voted republican he couldn't ride with them!!  He said his dad didn't speak to him for weeks.  That was just my dad!  He was his own man, and always tried to do what he felt in his heart was right.  I loved him very much and miss him a lot.  Thanks for stopping by my blog. God Bless each and everyone of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy