Only Three Left

When I was little it seemed we moved almost every Christmas.  Mama always made the most of it and tried to make things go smoothly.  When she and daddy first got married she traded with the peddler for ornaments to go on the tree.  There were twelve that I can still remember.  A few got broke over the years.  Then when my mom came to live with me we gave both of my sisters and my brother an ornament.  I still have three of those ornaments left.  One is green and shaped like an egg.  Two are bells, one red and one a clear purple.  I treasure those and will pass those down to my children in time.  I also remember the string of lights that she got from the peddler.  The bulbs were the size of a night light and there was a foil reflector that went behind it.  We moved this one Christmas Eve and my mom cut a puny looking little pine tree, then she wet it and sprinkled flour on it to make it look like it snowed, then we put the lights and ornaments on it.  That one little tree still stands out, because it was created with the love.  May God watch over each of you and may you make memories to last a lifetime.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy