Birthday Boy

Today is my oldest grandson's birthday!  He's 15!! I can't believe he's that old.  How time flies! I can remember the night he was born.  My daughter was still living at home and I worked at home seaming socks. My daughter spent the day cleaning their room and putting up a baby bed.  I was out in my sewing room working when she came out and said I think my water just broke.  There was snow on the ground and the roads were a mess but off to the hospital we went.  The doctor came in and said they were going to have to do a c-section because the baby was breach not to mention a few weeks early.  So I paced the floor until they brought out my tiny little grandson and told me his mom was doing fine.  I cried when I saw him in the incubator his little legs were spread wide from the way he had been facing for some time. They wrapped him tight in a blanket to pull his legs back the way they should be.  I prayed that he would be alright and would not need special braces. I would reach into the incubator and rub his little hands. He made a perfect little karate fist and I knew he would be a fighter. To watch him grow up and turn into the great kid that he is makes me proud!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy