Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Birthday Boy
Today is my oldest grandson's birthday! He's 15!! I can't believe he's that old. How time flies! I can remember the night he was born. My daughter was still living at home and I worked at home seaming socks. My daughter spent the day cleaning their room and putting up a baby bed. I was out in my sewing room working when she came out and said I think my water just broke. There was snow on the ground and the roads were a mess but off to the hospital we went. The doctor came in and said they were going to have to do a c-section because the baby was breach not to mention a few weeks early. So I paced the floor until they brought out my tiny little grandson and told me his mom was doing fine. I cried when I saw him in the incubator his little legs were spread wide from the way he had been facing for some time. They wrapped him tight in a blanket to pull his legs back the way they should be. I prayed that he would be alright and would not need special braces. I would reach into the incubator and rub his little hands. He made a perfect little karate fist and I knew he would be a fighter. To watch him grow up and turn into the great kid that he is makes me proud!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment