Broken Bones

How many of us as children or adults have broken bones.  We can remember the pain, being scared if you were young.  Yesterday my oldest son called, he was on his way to the emergency room, his daughter had fallen on the playground and broken her arm in two places!!  I live five hours away, do you know how hard it was for me to sit here and wait for the phone call that told me she was okay.  I know that there are a lot of grandparents like me who live far away from their children and grandchildren, sometimes it makes me cry when I can't be with them.  Both breaks were below the elbow and they set it without doing surgery.  I hope that it mends without them having to do surgery later on.  She has some good doctors, their group set my wrist a number of years ago, but it was not complicated.  I told my son this morning if they were not satisfied with these doctors to take her to Birmingham.  I am going to get them the phone number for the surgeon who fixed my shoulder. Her Okasan and I text off and on to keep us in the loop.  They did prep her for surgery just in case, so after they set it, she was in recovery for a while.  When she got back to the room, I sent a text telling her we loved her and her response was so sweet.  She said, "I love you too, jingle bell pawpaw for me".  You see when she was little, she and her pawpaw would sing jingle bells to each other every time they got on the phone.  Now they have turned it into a game to see who can catch who off guard and get them first.  Her pawpaw said, " of all things for that girl to be thinking about", but she got him first, with a little help from mawmaw.  Gosh I want to just go and hug her up!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy