Deer season is

coming to a close next week.  I have truly enjoyed the season, not just because we have put some meat in the freezer but the joy of sitting in my tree house and watching the animals.  I get teased a lot over my "deer stands".  We have several that are more of a shooting house than a deer stand.  They all have carpet on the floor to help with the noise, shooting windows all the way around with netting to conceal movement.  They all have a shingle roof and three of them have little buddy heaters.  The one I sit in the most also has a tote in it with an extra blanket, gloves, snacks and a thermal cell for early season bugs.  My husband says all I'm missing is a stove.  Top of a little buddy works well for that.  Oh I forgot to mention a pair of foot blankets to keep my toes warm.  Yes, I am truly spoiled.  When it's drizzling rain and freezing cold I thank God for a husband who loves me and wants me to be comfortable when I hunt, and I say a prayer for those of you sitting on an open stand.  I hope that if you hunt you take the time to take a child.  There is nothing in the world like helping a child get their first deer or catch that first fish.  Make some memories with the ones you love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy