Mouse In The Potato Field

Don't you dare put that thing on me!!   We were out in  the field picking up potato's.  You see back when I was growing up they didn't have fancy machines to do the work, people did it.  The man that we share cropped with would bring in  a crew of Mexicans to pick up the first round and then we would go back over the field and pick up the left overs.  I was really to little to do to much, so  I would pick up a few and put them in Mama's sack.  Then I noticed a mouse running around over the field.  I got this great idea to catch that mouse and put it on my sister!! Yeah that's what little sisters do!!  I spent the better part of the day chasing that mouse.  My mom said, "you catch him and he is going to bite you".  Well that didn't deter me as I could imagine my sister running and screaming.  He would hide and I would pick up potato's for a while. Close to the end of the day I had all but given up on catching him, he was really fast.  I got lucky!!!! I caught him and headed straight for my sister!  As expected she started screaming and hollering for Mama!!  Just as I was about to put him on her he curled up and bit my finger!  Gosh did it hurt!!  I dropped the little booger and mama was just a laughing! She said serves you right, you should have listened.  Yeah but it was worth it!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy