My Dad really wanted

another boy, but he got stuck with me instead.  He was one hell of a man!  I really didn't know just how special my dad was until he was gone.  I was my daddy's baby girl and to a great degree I was spoiled.  By the time I got old enough to really be of any help to the family we had moved to the city.  My dad had hurt his back farming and my brother got him a job as a janitor at the plant where he worked.  I was your typical teenager.  I didn't cause too much trouble but when I did my dad would sometimes not talk to me for weeks.  Although he didn't tell me he loved me or that he was proud of me very often I knew that he loved me.  Even after I got married I would go back and help my parents as much as I could.  Please take the time to tell your parents that you love them.  Take time from your busy lives, to help them with their day to day life.  Fix the pipes, get the groceries, take them out for coffee.  Talk over old times and give them all the love you can, because they won't be here forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy